Monday, October 22, 2012

Spreading Minnesota Love

And if the previous video didn't make you weepy, this one might do the trick.  Minnesota Catholics and some of their friends gathered in Minneapolis last spring to sing in support of LGBT youth, and in opposition to the marriage amendment on the Minnesota ballot.

I admit it--I cried.  I'm neither Minnesotan nor Catholic, and I'm certainly not young.  But I am a lesbian, and acutely aware of how so many people feel about LGBT folks.  The voices in this video applied a balm to a wound that I often ignore.

Besides, I need to run this video.  I'm a Unitarian Universalist, and I skipped church yesterday, which meant I missed this song being performed by our intergenerational choir.  So now I'm sharing this heartfelt creation to make up for my absence.  That's about as close as a Unitarian gets to doing penance.


No comments:

Post a Comment