Friday, July 5, 2013

Celebrating the Fourth

Anne and I went to our friend Lin's Fourth of July party last night.  Every year Lin treats a varying bunch of lesbians to barbecue, cake and her killer view of the Seattle fireworks.  This year's cake, with a flag of red, white and blue frosting, celebrated freedom.  Only when I got close did I see whose freedom it celebrated.  Apologies for being unable to rotate the photo for easier viewing.




"Freedom From Doma."  Wonderful.  At first glance, though, some thought the cake said "Freedom From Donna."  In a lesbian gathering where one woman is named Donna, this can cause confusion.

2 comments:

  1. I too thought it said Donna. I asked myself, "Who is Donna and why is this news?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would've been news had Donna and her partner split. Especially to Donna and her partner.

    ReplyDelete