Friday, June 26, 2015

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

It's 8:25 in the morning here in Seattle, and I'm at work.  Pretty sure my boss won't mind if I dash off a few words on the momentous news I heard after turning on the car radio this morning.

Even if she does mind, I can't help myself.  The moment is too big.

The Supreme Court has legalized same-sex marriage across the United States.  Today the arc of history is a rainbow.

As my wife and I listened to NPR analyze the 5-4 decision, I whooped.  Anne cried.  When I dropped her off at work, we ran into a lesbian friend of ours.  "My coffee guy comped me this coffee," said Natalie.  How's that for a very Seattle way to celebrate the news?

Because it's supposed to be so bloody hot this weekend, Anne and I had decided to forego Pride.  We'll be rethinking that decision.