Saturday, January 14, 2017

"I Am Changing" (My Mind)

One of the original "Dreamgirls" and a favorite of the gay community, Jennifer Holliday agreed to sing at Trump's inauguration.

Say what?  That kind of news "Ain't No Party."

But Holliday has changed her mind.  The woman who rose to fame belting out "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" is telling us she's not going.

In a letter to the LGBT community, Holliday apologized for her "lapse of judgement."  She wrote, "The LGBT Community was mostly responsible for birthing my career and I am deeply indebted to you . . . You have loved me faithfully and unconditionally and for so many years you provided me with work even though my star had long since faded."

In other words, we're all "Family."  And "I Meant You No Harm."  And she definitely will not be "Steppin' to the Bad Side."